Thoughts from a Friend


A good friend sent me a few of his thoughts with the intention that I might share them with anyone who might be confronting the diagnosis of cancer.
-He said, “I came across a painter (and an entire movement actually) who's palate and emotion put onto the canvas left me feeling still and peaceful. His name is Georges Lacombe and the piece I saw was one of a green wave breaking within a slot canyon wall. The perspective was such that I felt crouched within the canyon myself awaiting the mist of the break.
-The significance for me was the understanding that the wave came with penetrating force and made its way to such a hidden place. It's symbolic of the walls we find ourselves surrounded with in life, from circumstances and intentions - the cold rocks of grief, doubt, loneliness, and pain. The life giving water blasts through, symbolic to me of the living water.”

No comments: